Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sleep is so important in the weight loss process...


Well, it is Mother's Day 2008. Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there. Today of all days hopefully you were granted with the luxury of "sleeping in". I know as a mother it is a pretty rare luxury. Let me shed a little light on how important sleep is for weight loss. Sleeping is an essential part of losing weight and being healthy. When you don't sleep enough, your hormones get unbalanced and cause you to overeat. Without proper sleep, your metabolism slows down making it harder to burn calories. It is that simple...get your rest so you can burn more calories efficiently. You should try to get 8 hours of shut eye each night.

Wake up hungry for breakfast is a great sign you have likely lost weight while you were sleeping! Many tend to eat late at night and then wake up with a food "hangover". I make sure I fuel up during the day and diet by night. Start with a good breakfast of a protein and complex carb and eat every 2-3 hours to keep blood sugar level and metabolism revved!


Okay all (especially the moms!) do your body good... wake up hungry, plan your day, stay fueled and get your proper amount of sleep. That is the least you could do for yourself!!

1 comment:

CCmomma said...

Perfect way to pt it! I'm posting this on Momma sassy this week! Love it! Thanks for pushing me on Tuesday, i needed it!