Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Work-out while on vacation


I just returned from a week long vacation with my family. We went to our beach house in Florida and had a great time. I'm not a fan of being out of my routine for too long, so I tend to shy away from long vacations. To remedy not being stressed from missing my normal workouts, I plan at least 3-4 workouts for a 7 day vacation. Whether it be just a brisk walk each morning before our day has really begun or 20 minutes of abs, and body weight toning, I am set. I realize this does not work for everyone, but when working out is a priority in your life, you will make the time. So for me, it is peace of mind and a necessity. In my mind if I get a good sweat in at least half of the days I am golden!! :) Walking can be done anywhere so there is no excuse. Start with a brisk 30-45minute walk/run. Come back and do a 15minute circuit of squats (jump squats for more calorie burn), walking lunges, push-ups and sit-ups which will help keep you tone. No gym or equipment needed. Just you and your commitment to your health and fitness. I guarantee you will look and feel so much better and as a result, enjoy your vacation even that much more!

No comments: